Marital Mentoring …A better Option
What is marital mentoring and who is it for?
Marital mentoring is a collaborative process for couples who are experiencing conflict, and a loss of intimacy, BUT are committed to their marriage and wish to stay together and avoid divorce. Marital mentoring offers couples a better solution to resolving their differences and finding peace than the typical divorce scenario.
In marital mentoring, couples jointly develop a plan for addressing their marital issues and learn new ways of being a more cohesive, intimate and connected team.
How does marital mentoring work?
Marital mentoring works best with couples who are committed to their marriage relationship and who are willing to be actively engaged in developing, implementing and maintaining a more interconnected and mutually satisfying couplehood.
Couples who participate in marital mentoring work with a trained therapist who uses a variety of strategies, to help the couple create options, build skills, improve communication and spark intimacy. It is a practical and superior process for helping couples resolve conflict, deepen intimacy and build safety.
How do we know if marital mentoring is right for us?
Marital mentoring is a viable option for any couple committed to their marriage, parenting children, wanting to avoid the financial impact of divorce and who want to avoid the emotional and mental distress of breaking the bond between themselves and their partner.
Marital mentoring can help couples manage job losses, survive bankruptcy, care for an elderly parent, manage financial problems and create a vision for the future. Marital mentoring helps you separate the problem from the relationship, explore possible options, develop a plan, resolve the conflict, build communication and spark intimacy.
The Benefits of Martial Mentoring
- Partners feel more confident about their ability to work through problems.
- Partners have an opportunity to tell their story.
- Partners learn to improve their communication skills.
- Partners feel seen and heard in the relationship.
- Partners develop a team mentality.
- Partners feel empowered as they set their own agenda and reach agreement.
- Marital mentoring is cost effective.
- Marital mentoring is generally short-term and can be utilized at the couple’s discretion.
How Divorce Impacts Your Life
- Divorce is expensive.
- Divorce is emotionally and mentally draining.
- Divorce seldom solves or reduces conflict.
- Divorce opens the door to complex blended and remarriage problems.
- Divorce recovery is often incomplete.
- Divorcing couples tend to take their unresolved problems into their next relationship.
- Children must grapple with the division of their home, a loss of stability and anxiety.
- Divorce seldom delivers on the promise of personal freedom, decreased stress or improved mental wellness.
Lets get started today!Even committed couples have times of conflict, disconnection and loss of intimacy.
Learn how marital mentoring can offer a better solution.
Resolve Conflict | Build Skills | Stay Married